Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lowered Expectations

So yesterday I found out that I can hear the new Born of Osiris song early on the radio, so of course I listen to it and it's pretty good. Then I go and download it a couple hours later and am very confused. I guess the radio didn't pick up everything, but when I listen to it on my computer, it sounds VERY overproduced. Don't get me wrong, the song is great, but they did a little too much with overlaying the keyboards all over the place. Back last summer, a teaser of a couple pre-produced songs was put out. It sounded awesome without all of those keys.

Oh well
/rant

I'm still looking forward to this release, but each to his own.

I would post the new song, but Sumerian Records is all over YouTube's ass about putting that new song up, so I'll put up the old teaser from last summer:

2 comments:

  1. I like when bands keep it simple in the studio and only record songs that they can reproduce live fairly well. Nobody likes falling in love with a song only to find out that the band can't even play it live the way it's sounds on the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The radio is probably lower quality sound.

    ReplyDelete