Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not so metal related...

So maybe everyone doesn't like metal, but this is AT LEAST music related. I'm just recommending a music player today; some of you may have heard about it already.

foobar2000

Highly customizable, you can add lots of binds, automatically syncs with folders so you don't have to drop it in the program every time you get new music, low memory, and probably other stuff I don't know about.

It's free at http://www.foobar2000.org/.

Here is the site's list of features I either overlooked or took for granted:
  • Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additionalcomponents.

  • Gapless playback.

  • Full unicode support.

  • Easily customizable user interface layout.

  • Advanced tagging capabilities.

  • Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.

  • Full ReplayGain support.

  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts.

  • Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
  • 6 comments:

    1. nice. maybe i will give it a try

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've always been an avid user of Winamp, but I may have to check this out, thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I use iTunes. There's lots of hate for it, but it organises my stuff really well, and that's pretty much all I want it for.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'll give it a shot. I'm tired of winamp..

      ReplyDelete